Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sydney Aquarium, WildLife World, Tower, and Bondi! Oh my!

A few Fridays ago I had gone to both the Sydney Aquarium, in Darling Harbour, after work.  I was not thrilled with the aquarium at all. I have been to better and there just seemed to be too many people just standing in front of the different tanks for minutes, not letting anyone else take just a  peek. That was rather annoying. BUT I can at least say I went to the Sydney Aquarium if anyone should ever ask! :-)







The following morning I went to WildLife World which is right next to the aquarium in Darling Harbor. I got there early, just as it opened, and it seemed to be me and only a handful of other people. This place was great! There were a bunch of cool Aussie native animals to read about and see. I also almost let the butterflies out of the butterfly exhibit due to wearing a bright pink hoodie which they all were extremely attracted to, Who would have thought!












That afternoon I walked into the inner city of Sydney and went to the Sydney Tower. There I took an elevator up to the observation portion of the tower and was able to view all of Sydney from way up high. The day was extremely clear and I was able to see all the way to the Blue Mountains. I was even able to pick out where my building (Jack's Place) was among all of the other buildings in the city. This little trip almost didn't happen thought because it was an extremely windy day and they were worried about elevators going up and coming back down in the tower. Kinda scary, but I survived!
















That Sunday I made my way by train and bus to Bondi Beach. I grabbed lunch there and some Swiss ice cream before I headed out om the coastal walk to Bronte. Bondi is a popular surfing area or so they say. There weren't that many surfers on the day that I went though. The walk itself was long and beautiful along  the cliff side. If I lived here it would definitely be something I would do every weekend especially with the dogs!










No comments:

Post a Comment